The Virtual Open House, July 20-24, provides virtual access to every area of Student Services. It’s an opportunity for students to drop in, ask questions and receive one-on-one assistance.
The event features a variety of different Zoom and video sessions:
- Pre-recorded session - The Olympic College Bookstore: Your One-Stop Shop for All Things OC. See what’s available at the OC Bookstore. Learn how to order books, supplies, clothing and more through the website. A prerecorded presentation.
- 1 p.m. - Navigating Getting Started. New to OC? Have questions about getting started? Then please join us here to have all your questions answered. Zoom link.
- 3 p.m. - Improve Your English Language Skills at OC! This session will introduce the Intensive English program. You will meet the full-time instructor and get an overview of the skills, strategies, and philosophy of the program. Learning languages and meeting new people are essential skills, and we offer a safe and supportive environment to acquire those skills. Zoom link.
- 4 p.m. - Ranger Student Athlete Panel. Come meet a student athlete or two, and learn how they’re balancing work, school, sports and life. Zoom link.
- 9 a.m. - International Student Programs at Olympic College: Introduction and Application Process. Start Here, Go Anywhere! Olympic College offers a wide range of opportunities for international students, from Intensive English, High School Completion, and guaranteed transfer to top universities through our 2+2 transfer program. Join this session to learn more about our academic programs, studying in the U.S., and how to apply. There will also be time for questions! Zoom link.
- 10 a.m. - Olympic College International Student Panel. What is it like to be an international student at Olympic College? Hear from the experts - current students! Join this session to hear from current international students at Olympic College as they discuss classes, student life, housing, scholarships, and jobs. You can ask questions and speak with the students live during this session. Zoom link.
- 1 p.m. - Exploring Military and VA Education Benefits. Overview of different education benefits available for Active Duty, Spouses and Children of Active Duty and Veterans, and Veterans. Our Benefits Specialists will help students with applying, navigating and using these programs. Zoom link.
- 2 p.m. - Finding your Resources 101. Are you struggling to make ends meet? Do you know where to turn? Come and learn about the Students in Need Group / SING office. We are here to support you! Zoom link.
- 4 p.m. - Meet the Mysterious Masquatch and his Many Marvelous Monographs. July 21. Come meet Dewey, the OC Library's Mascot Sasquatch, and learn about some of the amazing resources he has to offer you. Plus get recommended some stellar reads you can access from anywhere! Zoom link.
- 9 a.m. - Financial Aid Q&A. Have questions? Confused about Financial Aid? Come by to find out more and get your questions answered. Zoom link.
- 11 a.m. - Student Life Panel. Wondering what campus life is like and where you can get involved? Come join us to meet representatives from Phi Theta Kappa, Recreation, Athletics, Residence Life, the Ranger Newspaper, Student Government of Olympic College, OC's Student Activities Board, Multicultural, and International Club! Zoom link.
- 1-1:30 p.m. - Basic Food, Employment and Training (BFET). Alternative Funding Programs and Resources. Zoom link.
- 1:30 p.m. - CARES Funding. The ins and outs of applying for CARES funding through Olympic College. Zoom link.
- 9 a.m. - Campus Childcare Information. Short pre-recorded information video w/ short tour of center and how to get on the waitlist. Zoom link.
- 10 a.m. - Counseling and Access Services. Overview of Counseling services and the process for requesting accommodations on the basis of disability. Zoom link.
- 11 a.m. - Community Living: Stories of Residence Life at OC. Stories about community living from our student-staff who work and live in the Residence Hall. Zoom link.
- 2 p.m. - Running Start Student Panel: Talk to current Running Start students for their insights into the program. Zoom link.
- 3 p.m. - Introduction to Career Center Services. Olympic College Career Center provides a wide range of student employment opportunities in addition to career development, internship/volunteer opportunities and employment planning. Whether you are exploring career options, seeking a job or internship, or in need of assistance with resumes, cover letters, applications or interviewing skills, the Career Center is committed to helping you achieve your professional goals. If you have questions or want more information, you will be able to connect with our career coach at this virtual open house. Zoom link.
- 4-4:30 p.m. - Assessment & Testing Center Q&A. Assessment & Testing Center - Review test registration & test preparation with Q&A. Zoom link.
- 4-5 p.m. - Running Start Information Session: Information about program and application process for students interested in Running Start. Zoom link.
- 5 p.m. - Meet the Coaches! Come meet your Ranger coaching staff and learn about their programs. Zoom link.