This program provides students with classes in Early Childhood Education, supporting courses, as well as elective classes in other areas. Upon completion of the degree requirements, students should be able to work in programs involving young children in Head Start, child care, parent cooperatives and private preschools as well as paraeducators in some school districts.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Acquire, interpret, and use information and resources that support industry defined appropriate practice.
- Work as a team member and demonstrate respect for diversity in an early childhood environment to accomplish family, child and program goals.
- Demonstrate professional and personal accountability in decision making and practices relative to children, families, colleagues, and community.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of early childhood settings.
- Design, maintain, document, and evaluate early childhood environments and programming on a regular basis.