This certificate includes an introduction to the core skills necessary for those wishing to advance an existing technical career with basic graphic communication skills. The certificate is designed to provide basic drafting skills as well as provide improved blue print reading skills and to enhance 3- dimensional visualization.
Upon completion of this program, students may choose to work in drafting or in the field of choice, or pursue further training in a trade.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Produce basic orthographic drawings either by hand drafting or by using Computer Aided Design software.
- Interpret multi-view orthographic drawings and visualize the 3-dimensional equivalent.
- Use common graphic standards to communicate technical designs.
- Properly select tools for a specific purpose, and use the tools in a precise and accurate manner.
- Follow processes that lead to consistent and precise results.
Required & Prerequisite Courses
NOTE: Elective and newly created courses may be substituted with permission of a Technical Design advisor.